- We hired Osman (Berkeley Properties) as the General Contractor for our renovation. He was extremely knowledgeable and the upmost professional at all times. He took his time to explain the process and inform us of potential cost impact when we deviated from the plan. We basically did a complete renovation which included the kitchen, basement, master bathroom, laundry room and the entire first floor. Osman will be our go-to guy for any future projects.
-Kay Petty Springdale, MD.
- Osman has done several jobs for me, ranging from kitchen backsplash, under cabinet lighting, to a bathroom update, including new flooring in both bathroom and kitchen. He is meticulous and very good at solving unexpected problems. Shows up on time and cleans up when finished. I highly recommend him.
-Peggy S. Silver Spring, MD.
- Osman did an excellent job for my unique pantry design and wine rack that I requested. I came to him with my ideas and he worked with me to get the best out of the space available. He was extremely professional and courteous during the whole process and the end piece was perfect! You can tell he has the unique vision of a seasoned carpenter running through his veins and he can see things with an artistic ability as well. Highly suggest him..”
– Lance Bragin. Rockville, MD.
- We were looking for a contractor to renovate our house we bought in Silver Spring. As a Belgian French family we didn’t know a lot about the proceedings in the US. We were very lucky to find Osman and his crew. They not only were very professional but also listened to all our desires we had and did everything to suit our taste, even if it was out of the ordinary. Besides that, Osman proposed us interesting ideas and has an eye for detail.
On the first floor we wanted more open space. Two walls were taken out, a new hardwood floor and a new kitchen were installed. He and his crew also built an entire mother in law in the basement floor: two bedrooms, bathroom, family room and an office/kitchen. Big egress windows were installed to bring in light. They followed all safety rules and inspections and stayed in budget.
We are very happy with the result and definitely recommend Osman to anyone who thinks about renovating, rebuilding, do kitchen-, bathroom- or floor installment..”
– Koenraad. Silver Spring, MD.
- “Osman and his team did for me in 2015.
We hired him to convert a basement store room into what became a beautiful office, complete with a bathroom and walk in closet. In fact, it is really a basement studio for rental, if the next owner so desires. Osman has a knack of understanding your vision. He spends the time and asks the questions that make you think your idea through. He will work with you to design it, will look for unusual fixtures and is never run of the mill. What I respect most is his attention to detail, safety and his work ethic. If it’s not his area of expertise, he will tell you so. If you can save money on something, he will tell you as well. He had the key to my house for several months and was always careful, let me know when he came in and when he went out. Osman’s greatest strength is in his carpentry. He is a craftsman who takes pride in his craft. Combined with his integrity, his manner, his hand picked team and his commitment to make the work work for you, he will always be the person I go to for any contracting job that he is willing to take on.”
– M.D. Bethesda MD.
My wife and I don’t always agree on things-you might know what that’s like-but we are both absolutely thrilled with the job you did on our table leaves. Both of us couldn’t be more pleased. You obviously are a fine craftsman, but as important, you are a pleasure to deal with:reliable, conscientious, communicative,honest, and your price was very fair. You can be assured that we would recommend you to anyone needing your services. In fact, if you ever want to use as a reference, please feel free to do so.
-Rich and Susan Baseman; Silver Spring, MD.
- “I have worked with Osman on some technical/mechanical installations over a few YEARS. He is always on time, helpful, adding good ideas to get the job done well. And multiple projects…he had time to flake on me but was not once questionable. More than reliable. That is how I thought of him.
THEN I saw his careful and respectful woodwork and wood finishing. I am WAY impressed. Since seeing his GREAT woodworking I have grown to think of him very differently.
He has a real knack for thinking through problems, approaching indirectly with good and thoughtful ideas…out of the box and very smart. So…I would describe him as the best of a strong combination of imagination for materials and solutions as well as very careful technical and high quality completion. When he says he will…trust it, he will come through.”
– Louis Tenenbaum.
- Osman Gomez has created two built-in bookcases and two permanent wine storage racks/bookcases in our home. For each piece, we posed a challenge to him, which he met with enthusiasm, creativity and skill. One bookcase runs the entire length of a long wall. We asked him to incorporate an old credenza as well as to make the bookcase reflect the historic woodwork and appearance of the windows. Another bookcase has to disguise the radon abatement pipes as well as match the first one. The wine cases are re-purposed bookcases that are mounted into the wall beneath a staircase. It turns out that Osman likes a challenge! Osman has terrific artistic sense and master craftsman skills. He has lots of ideas which he is willing to sketch out for consideration prior to creating scale drawings of the desired product. His pricing is fair, reflecting high quality products; he is not willing to cut corners along the way. He is meticulous and works carefully, never leaving a mess unless we have agreed to that for a day or two to save time. He is dependable but not in a rush, preferring to take the necessary time to maintain his high standards.
Once you have established a relationship with Osman, he is congenial and exceedingly easy to work with. He is quite independent but has a collaborative spirit and wants his clients to love the results of his labor. He values and enjoys getting to know his clients and finds that informs his work.
We would not hesitate to recommend Osman Gomez to anyone with an interesting, creative construction project, especially one involving artistic challenge and finely finished woodworking.”
-Richard and ML. National Park Seminary, MD
- “Over the last 10 years I’ve had the extreme pleasure of being associated with Osman Gomez..Our relationship initially started with Osman doing the final touches on our porch and deck. Recognizing his skills and ability to create a habitat that looks natural and enhances any structure, with Osman’s skills we were able to complete our Bed and Breakfast to our vision. Our many guests have complimented the craftsmanship and style of Osman’s work. Osman took on the challenge of a commission that we presented to design and build a Spanish hacienda interior door replicating a period hacienda door. The details and craftsmanship of the door were remarkable. Osman is dedicated to his work and we highly recommend him as a Master cabinetmaker and finisher. He is also a leader and has great vision necessary to fulfill the requirements of a project.”
– Leo & Ann, WV
- “My wife and I moved into the newly restored National Park Seminary condominiums in February 2012. The century old structures were completely renovated on the inside. However, the design of this restoration did not include some significant closet space, storage and other such necessary items. We moved having lived for 40 years in a single home not far from this location. We had little knowledge nor need for craftsmen in our previous place. Arriving to NPS we were given several references for craftsmen and choose to commence projects with Osman Gomez of Berkley Springs West Virginia. He was recommended by neighbors who had significant work done by him; we saw his work and were impressed with the creativity and craftsmanship. We found Osman Gomez to be responsive, punctual, reliable and thorough. As of now he has completed several projects and we intend to contract for further services. He built a large five section library complete with a sliding ladder to reach the 10 foot height of the shelves. He completed crown molding in two large rooms, equipped several kitchen cabinets with various sliding pull out shelves and most recently placed designer molding on two archways and two doors. We already had two archways with molding and Osman Gomez matched the ones he built to the point that it is difficult to tell that all the archways are not original and date from many years ago.Osman Gomez exhibited an artistic flair in his design and at times a stubbornness that placed tension on vendor and customer. Some discussion and negotiation resolved these issues whether they dealt with scheduling, costs or materials. He has not been reluctant to make suggestions as to what he thinks is efficient and aesthetically acceptable. He has been direct and has shown commendable integrity. Our best recommendation for his services is exhibited by the fact that we plan to continue to use his skill and craftsmanship now and in the future.”
– Manny Mandel, Silver Spring, Maryland, August 2012
- “I am the Owner of a property in the western panhandle of West Virginia, two hours from Dulles Airport. The property has a very fine large home which has required a number of fixes and improvements prior to my being able to lease it. Osman Gomez has done an extraordinarily fine job one every one of the many tasks I have asked him to perform for me over the past two and a half years. These tasks have included:
adding safety railings to porches to comply with current codes
roof and gutter repair and cleaning
electrical switch and outlet change-out, and fan motor repair
garage door repairs
complete new water filtration system installation
alarm system resetting and dealing with alarm system company
oak floor sanding and repair
glass replacement and window repair
painting and caulking
The list goes on and on.
So that I understand what he has done and how he has done it, Osman usually sends me a video of the before and after conditions, or sometimes just some photos. This lets me know exactly what I am paying for. In every instance of his work for me at great distance (as I live in Wyoming) Osman’s charges have been very fair – I would even say a very good deal for me.
He has even show the house to a few prospective renters when no one else was available and I found his advice on the renters was also very good. He has had the keys to the house the whole time of his assistance and the house has been fully furnished, so I can say I fully trust him.
As an architect, I know the difference between high quality work and the many steps below it, and Osman’s work for me has always been very high quality and accomplished in a timely manner.”
– Timothy Belton, AIA
- “We appreciate the excellent carpentry and design skills of Osman Gomez in adapting our house for the needs of my handicapped husband. Thank you so much for such care and attention to detail.”
– Kitty Roberts, MD.
- “Osman Gomez is our go-to contractor for many reasons: Osman is a perfectionist, he is a great communicator, he stays within budget and the agreed-upon time frame. We’ve hired him for everything from installing a dog door to an entire kitchen redo: https://www.pinterest.com. He will recommend cost-saving measures that don’t jeopardize the quality of the job. The people he hires are friendly. As an added measure, he resources local artisans for those creative touches.”
– Bibi H. Berkeley Springs WV.
- “Osman Gomez has the eye of a fine craftsman. His detailed consultations and painstaking work combine for results that are museum quality. My wife and I are very pleased with the restoration results!”
– Payton Birdsong, National Park Seminary, MD.
- “During a severe wind and rain storm a tree fell into the side and on top of my home in Berkeley Springs. I had just signed a contract to sell the home the day before and a home inspection was scheduled in two days. Numerous contractors within the Morgan Country area were contacted and asked to remove the tree, fix the gutters, replace the shingles on the roof and dispose of the 40 ft. plus tree prior to the home inspection. None would take the job. However, Berkeley Properties Online were at my home within the hour with a full crew, repaired all damage one day in advance of the home inspection. Their price compared to other local contractors was excellent. When the home inspections arrived on Friday they commented on what a great job Osman Gomez and Berkeley Properties Online performed. I highly recommend this contracting firm for everything, anything and all that has to do with your home’s structural, electrical, plumbing and / or any other need as a homeowner you may have. Prices are reasonable, response time is incredible, and the professionals who perform the work are top notch. A plus and then some! ”
– Lee Roberts, Berkeley Springs WV.
- “Osman Created rec room in basement, created 3 storage rooms in basement, finished basement staircase,created bathroom in basement, and created finished area for pellet stove. He provided me with a contract that included start and finish dates. The work was all done on time and done fantastically. He always made sure I was okay with choices of materials and explained all the pros and cons. He even checked on my animals when I had to be gone over an extended time period. I will definitely use him again for future work”
– Cynthia Lauster, Berkeley Springs WV